Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a two post day.

Why you ask?

Because I am thinking way too much for my own good, missing my friends and family back in Wheaton, and pondering some of the friendships that I feel drifting away.

Some of those friendships are going faster than others. They seem to be high tailing it out of here and I can't quite figure out why. There are a few in particular that I never in a million years thought would end up like this.

Was it something I said? What it something I did? Or is this one of those "It's not you, it's me" scenarios? Either way, pouring over these things never does me any good, and brings me to tears more often than I'd like to admit. I try to be tough, but let's face it: I'm a softie.

To the friends that are sticking around and are wonderful: I am so thankful for you. For the ones drifting away: I wish you wouldn't because you're still important to me. Those that are drifting at a quicker pace: I'm sad things have turned out this way. I already miss you and am hoping things will turn around.

Well, I guess that's enough Debbie Downer for one night. Sorry about that...

"Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos."
Charles M. Schulz

2 comments:

Nathan Meyers said...

I know the feeling of watching friends drift away. sometimes I feel like it could be my fault too, for not trying to keep up with them. luckily, this break for me has been just long enough to catch up at least once with all my closest pals. but when peeps blow you off, it's by far the worst.

annEmac18 said...

I love you and I am not going anywhere, no matter what! You are a wonderful person, and I guess it's just an unfortunate side effect of growing up. We're all moving to different places and starting to do different things with our lives, and it's becoming more difficult to keep up with everyone. It's also becoming more difficult to find things to say to certain people as you simply drift apart; it's hard and I don't like it, but also don't know what to do about it. :o( ♥