Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


Read it. Love it.

I was enthralled by this novel almost from the moment I picked it up. I am such a sucker for mystery novels though - it's probably because I love hearing gossip (though not necessarily passing it around), reading tabloids, etc. purely for the knowledge of whatever the information may be. It could pertain to something that I don't have a care in the world for (please see: anything to do with celebrities) but I just want to know, otherwise just knowing there's something within my grasp to know would drive me crazy.

I digress. (That all makes me sound like a crazy person.)

Although the book is a translation from Swedish (which can sometimes be hit or miss), I could barely tell the difference. That's what good editorial work should get as a result!! Ahem. I got so engrossed trying to figure out the mystery that I was scribbling notes on scrap paper and cross referencing different things mentioned earlier in the novel. I think I've lost more sleep over this book than any other I've read for a long time. I couldn't put it down last night so I resolved to get only 4 and a half hours of sleep before putting in a full work day. AND THEN I am up til 1am again to finish it! Without a doubt I am sleeping in tomorrow.

In short, it's great. I would very much recommend it be added to your list of things to read.

Up next? The Girl Who Played with Fire, of course!

No comments: