Friday, December 3, 2010

AFI's two top 100 movies of all time lists

The American Film Institute (AFI) has been making 100's lists since 1998. The first one they put together was 100 Years, 100 Movies, which is pretty self explanatory.

My freshman year of college, I heard about this list and immediately wanted to see which movies I'd already seen, and then watch any of the movies I hadn't already. If I remember correctly, I'd only seen something like 34 or so of the movies, which kind of surprised me because my family is full of big movie watchers. So Brooke and I decided to start making our way through them.

Then the AFI put out other top 100s lists, and then in 2007 they did their 100 Years, 100 Movies 10th Anniversary Edition. There were quite a few changes to the 1998 list, so I decided to combine the two, which made the list total 123 movies.

Here I am 4 years later (FOUR YEARS?!) and I am still making my way through them. I only have 25 left!

I am going to go through all of the movies I've watched so far and post little reviews/comments of my thoughts. Get ready!!

No comments: