Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My computer

is on it's way out. I had to pry up the left-click button on my laptop because it doesn't pop up anymore and was stuck down and I couldn't do anything because my computer thought I was left clicking everything at lightning speed! So now I have to tap on the touch pad to click things, and it's just not as effective. I COULD just get one of those portable mice with the USB connection, but my computer overheats like nobody's business, I can't close it or the screen will get stuck turned off, and it's moving slow/still running on XP.

So, it's time for a new one I guess. I just don't know anything about computers (except, on the whole, Macs are super expensive and Dells are crappy). So here's to hoping that doing some research can help me. I don't want to spend a huge chunk of money either. If I wanted to do that, I'd just go ahead and buy a Mac.

In other technology related news...the servers went down at work today and we were without an internet connection for over half the day. That was super. :) Good thing I had other things I could work on that didn't require sending emails or searching things online.

Man, I am so tired. I just can't seem to ever stay asleep. I wake up about a million times for one reason or another - a passing train is blaring it's horn, I have to pee, I dreampt my alarm already went off and I wake up in a panic even though my alarm never did go off, and "just because" are a few of my favorites.

Yawn.

I think I might go get my new Iowa driver's license this week! I also am going to register to vote in Iowa. Caucus, here I come!!

No comments: