Thursday, July 1, 2010

So, I'm trying to be healthier

...and not just for Anne's wedding, though that is another incentive.

So according to this BMI calculator on webMD, I am 23.5% body fat, which is within the healthy range. However, the healthy range is from 18.5 to 24.9, and I'd rather be toward the lower end than the higher end, or somewhere in the middle. In general, I don't want to be skinny (read: ) but I'd just rather eat healthier, exercise more than I do (i.e. almost never), and sleep more regularly.

And what better time than now? Sure, I work at Target around 30 hours a week, but I don't have classes to go to, or clubs to participate in, or even meetings to attend, so I should be filling my time with something worthwhile.

I am also looking into volunteer opportunities as well. But that's beside the point.

Ahem.

So I guess from time to time I will update you with my progress (though "you" is really vague, since I am fairly sure NO ONE reads this. Which is okay.)

So as of today, July 1st, I weigh 150 pounds. Let the games begin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read this!!! :o)