Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby alligators in the sewers grow up fast

I guess I owe Ruthie an apology. For as long as I can remember, she has told me of the magnificence of Radiohead, and while I have listened to my fair share of their songs, I never gave them the benefit of the doubt.

For whatever reason I picked I chose tonight to rectify this, and I have found many things to be new truths to add to my life:
1. Radiohead is amazing, even if I am still unsure of what I think about Thom Yorke's singing voice.
2. Their album Go to Sleep is short, but definitely sweet.
3. I like all of Amnesiac, except for the last song, Like Spinning Plates. However, the live version on I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings I do love very much.
4. I really like The Bends. Like, almost to the point where it is unsafe.
5. I find the music of both Radiohead and Muse to be excellent to listen to whilst writing. Which is what I have been doing. It really gets the brain juices flowing.


So I have come up with a list of bands who I enjoy listening to as I pour my brain onto the page. They are as follows:
1. Radiohead (as previously mentioned)
2. Muse (also, as previously mentioned)
3. Deathcab for Cutie
4. Regina Spektor
5. Sigur Ros
6. Jack Johnson
7. Coldplay
and 8. Anathallo


What a wonderful evening. And again, Radiohead, please accept my apologies.

No comments: