Sunday, March 16, 2008

To Dissuade Flug Frying Pans...

I just read a wonderful article (and by wonderful I mean surprisingly accurate and funny).

Give it a spin and see what you think. I know that I definitely go berserk when a guy tells me to relax when I am worked up. The one that always, always gets me, however, is #3: "It's up to you."

Seriously? It doesn't matter to me whether the other half of this conversation is male or female, when someone tells me this I honestly feel like they want me to choose simply because of their laziness. Is knocking out one possibility that achingly difficult?

I'd argue to the contrary.

I'd feel much better and secure about choosing if I have at least the tiniest bit of input from the other party. I like making sure everyone is included so there is no harboring of resentment for not eating something they wanted.

People do tend to do this sometimes, you know.

So watch out. Here's your fair warning never to tell me "It's up to you."

1 comment:

Anne said...

for the "Magic Words" section, number two is definitely my favorite. i LOVE it when he does this to me.